Thursday, February 27, 2014

KAS New York: Fall/Winter 2014 Preview

I was absolutely delighted when I received an invitation to KAS New York's Fall/Winter 2014 preview during New York Fashion Week! I attended the show about two weeks ago, Feburary 13th, and absolutely fell in love with Kirat Anand's designs. I'm so excited to share with you my experience at the event and my favorite pieces from his collection. I took my Nikon D3100 to the show and all photos in this post were taken by me.

First off, walking into the venue, The Indian Consulate Ballroom, I was absolutely stunned by its beauty:





The models stood on stage and, about every five to ten minutes or so, they rotated a spot on stage and one came off while another model joined the rest. This gave everyone a perfect opportunity to really admire and photograph each piece of clothing.

Here are some of my favorite outfits from the show:


















As you can see, there's definitely a color theme that went through out the show. It started off with very green pieces and then moved on to some beautiful greys and blacks. These pieces are not only elegant, but stunning in every way. 

I was so happy that I got a chance to meet the designer, Kirat Anand. I congratulated him on a beautiful show and told him how much I absolutely loved his designs. We also took a photo together: 


Fashion TV also covered the event. If you watch this video you can see even more designs and you even see me taking a photo with the designer, look out for it!


When being asked, "Kirat, talk to us, what inspired this collection?"

Kirat responds with, "Its very inclusive. You know, we reach out to a lot of women, and its to make women feel confident, to make women feel beautiful, and that's why I started the collection. I started the collection because I wanted it to be aspirational but attainable. You know, you shouldn't just have a collection that's desirable, but you can't own it." 

What an amazing person, and an amazing designer!

Tell me what you think about KAS New York and Kirat Anand's collection!

And check out KAS New York here: http://kasnewyork.com/ 

xoxo,
Colleen

8 comments:

  1. I luv the emerald green looks.
    www.ubetterwork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky you to have been there! The collection looks nice but, correct me if i'm wrong, it doesn't look very unique... All pieces have a characted but not individuality, to me... I got a feeling that I might have seen it somewhere else though I have never heard of this designer.
    www.tesoraniram.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. New York Fashion Week can be so much fun when you get to attend shows that are truly inspiring and excite you. The collection looks amazing. I put up a post with 5 tips to surviving NYFW, you should check it out for you next time around...
    http://behindthemirrorbeauty.com/2014/02/10/5-fashion-week-survival-tips/
    xo,
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that's such a great thing! This is what fashion blogging should be all about: covering events, expressing your opinion and more!

    F&F

    http://attireclub.org

    ReplyDelete
  5. The green is so fabulous !

    By the way- followed
    My blog www.be-fabdiary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm completely awed by the location & the gorgeous fashion display! Well done ;D

    <3 Carsla
    Founder & CEO of Connect-the-Cloths
    www.connect-the-cloths.com
    http://blogspotter.co/connect-the-cloths/
    A stylist, foodie, & writer's blog in development.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was such an amazing show! I loved their designs. It was actually the first time I've attended a show during fashion week and it was amazing! :) <3

    xo
    Maggie A
    LOVEMAVIN.COM

    ReplyDelete